Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Happy Garden

A few months back I had this idea, wouldn't it be so great to have a garden? We have a lovely spot on the side of the house that I cannot grow anything on because of all the sun that hits it daily. My solution was genius, it was two-fold; space gets used properly and we get fresh veggies and save some cash! MULTI TASKING - loves it!

FYI, if you are ever around my wonderful father in law and you happen to have an idea that you innocently think out loud, consider the project done! Not only done, but done to an extreme you never even imagined it could have been done to. This garden bed he made is more than I could have ever hoped for and I am just so thrilled that he decided to take this project on. Tigger was too, especially when he had to go out in the July heat to help him flip the thing over. Thank you too honey bunny!!

You can only imagine what my bed would have looked like, because why couldn't we just put some 2x4's in the ground and a plastic fence around it to keep the dog out? Yeah, so where I was going and clearly - not the right direction!

Sunday was the planting day - mind you I am PMS'ing and Marika has a cold - which in tween years is equal to knocking on death's door and is definitely allergic to everything and OMG I have to blow my nose, and MOM! Why do I feel so baaaadddd whining tantrums the entire time. Also? This explains the tissues in the picture below...

Still, we managed a pretty nice garden and hopefully in a few months will result in some great home grown veggies!!





We are done! Would you PLEASE act like you like your sister for one second and GAWD I have had enough of the cold you are so NOT allergic. This was a fantastic bonding moment now EVERYONE INSIDE THE FLIPPIN HOUSE ALREADY!!

The End

No comments: