Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dog gone Wild! Hide yo kids, Hide yo wife...

The day started out all cluster farky with my alarm not going off, so of course the entire vibe of the day was spun into chaos! Marika normally walks the block and a half to school however I offered to drive her to assure she was not late to class.

I had my makeup on and was mostly dressed for work, but my hair was wet and my gold flip flops were the closest shoes I could find. In an effort to save the 3 seconds it would take to kennel up the dog, I opted to bring him with us. I also left his leash in the closet because again, this was supposed to be a routine drop off.

We pull up to the school, and I had Marika get out on the sidewalk, walk to the cross walk and cross over to school with the rest of the kids, you know because of the lateness and all. I watch her cross safely and I am .3 milliseconds from making a left turn in the neighborhood to head home. This is when my morning took a very drastic turn…

I hear a rustling noise and out of the corner of my eye I see a brown mass of dog, hurling out of the window that I ‘safely’ rolled halfway down, I can officially cross breeding off my to do list now by the way. I swear his paws never hit the ground before he was in a full out sprint going left, then right, then back left heading straight into the morning school traffic.

I gasped as in 3 bounds he narrowly misses a car turning right, a van, then another car before he made it across the street safely. Still holding my breath I saw him Go Go Gadget sprint even faster and disappear out of sight into the High School…

I pull my car into a strangers driveway in total shock, jump out frantically and dodge cars left and right because OMG my dog is in the school people, MY DOG IS IN THE SCHOOL!!!!

I head in the last direction I saw his stubby tail go and a girl passes me and says he went that way and pointed down the hall. I start walking faster and like slow motion in an action movie I see my daughter appear in the hallway about to head to class. I yell to her and the look on her face is a mixture of bewilderment and OMG why is my mother here?! “The dog is in the school!!” I yell as I rush past her with my gold flip flops, tank top and wet hair.

No toilet paper on the shoe or hey, that girl dropped her lunch tray yesterday rumors for Marika to live down, no sir, not on my watch! I am afraid I might have branded her with a crazy mom running after dog in school reputation. GO ME!!

As I make my way down what feels like the longest hallway ever, I realized I did not need to ask anyone where he was anymore, I only had to follow the laughter and OMG was that a dog? I get to the end of the hallway and another girl pointed behind her so I head that way and I look up and I am faced with the massive parking lot in front of the gym.

Cars and kids are everywhere, it’s like a bad dream when thankfully another student points me to the left and Saints in Heaven there he was! Someone had finally grabbed him and I ran up just in time for the gym teacher to call off the all points bulletin that she just about set off.

Because he knew he was in trouble, he wriggled out of his collar and tried to take off again – groovy…so I had to pick him up and carry him out of the school…good times.

How was your morning??

1 comment:

The Summers said...

that is hilarious! marika will be scarred for life, I'm sure! ;)