Tuesday, July 29, 2008

These are the days of our lives...

Jayde managed to score herself a trip to the ER on Friday, she cut her upper thigh as the glass table she was standing on gave way and she fell. This is trip #3 in her short 9 years of life, and it is sad when you get to the ER and all your information is in the computer already. Rather than give them all our info, I only had to update it to reflect the change of insurance. Next time I am asking for a frequent visitor card, maybe the 10th visit will be free!

Let's get one thing straight, NO, we do not allow her to stand on glass tables and YES, we have told her numerous times to not do it. If you happen to be reading this and you don't have children, this would be a great time to sit down and ponder the fact of ever wanting to spawn.

Still the child was completely baffled that, and these are her exact words, "Of all the times I have stood on that table, it decides to break now!"

I still shudder when I think of how bad it really could have been had the glass not been 1/2 inch thick and broke in chunks vs shattering and causing who knows how much more damage to my baby girl. I am very thankful to the Lord that his hand was on her and she only ended up with a deep gouge, although I think her guardian angel might be looking into getting another gig!

We spent 2 1/2 hours in the ER watching Sister Sister reruns and about the time we got to the actual stitching, she was over the whole thing altogether. She managed to scream bloody murder in my left eardrum while the Dr numbed it, it was such a scary movie worthy scream that we nearly got a standing ovation from the waiting room as we left.

After she was numbed up she was all sorts of curious and while I had to turn away because clearly, how many times can I be shown how awful it looks mommy?

She asked question after question and kept the Dr on her toes the whole time. In case you did not know this about Jayde and her daddy, they must know what is happening at ALL times and will demand an explanation for each and every step - this made the first teeth cleaning with her quite the adventure!

1 stitch inside and 3 on the outside and we were on our way, if you would like to see the actual wound we totally took a picture of it on my phone while in the ER. You will have to scroll down though, I figured it would be nice to give you the option of looking in case any of you peeps are squeamish about these types of things...























And that my friends, was Friday...a girl knows how to kick off a weekend don't she?

No comments: